Shane's Crib is dedicated to relieving the suffering of those addicted to alcohol and other substances by the use of spiritual means.
We believe that addiction is primarily a spiritual disease which is manifested in the physical body.
We believe that spiritual disease must be battled using spiritual methods.
• We are a Christian organization. We believe the God of the Holy Bible. We believe that God exists in three-part form: God the Father, God the Son (Jesus Christ) and God the Holy Ghost. We believe these three are one.
• We believe the Bible is the divinely inspired Word of God. We believe the Bible is complete on it’s own, that it is infallible, and that it contains instructions on how God commands us to live, behave, and believe.
• We believe that Jesus Christ, who is one and shares divinity with God the Father and God the Holy Ghost, came to earth in human form, as a baby born to a virgin, conceived by the Holy Ghost. We believe that while on earth He was fully human and fully divine. We believe that He completed His mission on earth to remain sinless. We believe He was crucified as the lamb chosen to redeem the sins of mankind. We believe that He died, and that He was resurrected three days later, having paid the price for the sins of mankind with His own blood. We believe he ascended into heaven, where He continues to make intercession for those who believe on Him. We believe that Jesus is coming back soon.
• We believe in sanctification as a work of grace and as an ongoing process in the heart of the believer.
• We believe that a Christian should strive to live a life of holiness.
• We believe Christians must care for the needs, hurts and concerns of our fellow man.
• We believe that Christians can and should use all means of communication (modern and otherwise) to reach the lost with the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Those who have sown in tears will reap with songs of joy. -Psalm 126:5
We are committed to providing truths to woman who suffer from chemical dependency. Their truths will be taught as they relate to the most basic of life issues, assisting them to becoming aware of God's power in their lives through the Holy Spirit.
You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. -Jeremiah 29:13
To enable woman to understand and accept Christ's forgiveness and acceptance through the study of God's Holy Word and a 12 Step Recovery Program.
Mothers Against Substance Abuse (M.A.S.A) was founded in 2004 after founder and director, Cheryl Mainor's son Shane became addicted to drugs and alcohol. Shane's life had spiraled out of control after the tragic death of his 16 month old son. This tragedy intensified his drug use. Shane passed away on August 3, 2007 from an accidental drug overdose. Since then, it has been Cheryl Mainor's mission to help others, life herself, who are hurting and needing direction. God inspired her through her sons death and through her faith in Him to go forward and establish a ministry for the addict and their loved ones. To read more about Shane and Shane's Crib history, please visit our 'Shane's Story' page of this website.
S Speaking out to addicts
H Helping them to overcome
A Addiction from
N Narcotics & other substance abuse
E Educating them to be over comers through the blood of Jesus Christ
S Safe & secure in the arms of Christ
M.A.S.A is dedicated to providing education about substance abuse to those who suffer from addictions, both the addict and his or her loved ones. We are dedicated to providing access to Christian rehabilitation, because we believe that the addict and his/her family needs the mercy and the power of Jesus Christ to truly be set free.
M.A.S.A is dedicated to spreading the hope found in Jesus Christ, both to deliver persons from their addictions and to heal the causes of addiction, which we believe is merely a symptom of a deeper struggle.
M.A.S.A is dedicated to the proposition that prayer is one of the most powerful forces available to the believer. “The effectual, fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.”
MASA is primarily a group of people desperate to see the power of God at work in our situations. We believe our success will be completely based on the continual, fervent, faith-filled prayers of our partners.
M.A.S.A is dedicated to the belief that when the body of Christ comes together, all the forces of hell cannot prevail. Our spiritual armor is mostly defensive (see Eph. 6), but we also are armed with a Sword–the Word of God.
M.A.S.A is dedicated to the belief that the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent TAKE IT BY FORCE!